Top Ten Books I Want to Read About Summer Camp


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and has been moved to That Artsy Reader Girl since January 16, 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Today's topic is a freebie, so I decided to talk about books on my TBR that take place at summer camp. 

I never went to summer camp, other than a weekend here or there with my Girl Scout troop. But the idea of summer camp is intriguing, and I like to live vicariously through my reading!




I've fallen behind on my Lumberjanes reading, and here is where I've left off. I need to start reading the novel adaptations by Mariko Tamaki as well. 


I've heard great things about this graphic novel about a girl who goes to Russian summer camp. 


Nothing Happened is a modern adaptation of  Shakespeare's  Much Ado About Nothing, and it sounds really cute! 



Wild Blue Yonder has been on my Kindle for my longest time. I actually pre-ordered it, and still haven't gotten around to reading it. But I will, very soon!



This novel also sounds like a great contemporary summer read! It's on the top of my TBR! 


The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore follows five campers as they get lost on a kayaking trip - and then chronicles the effect of what happened on the rest of their lives. I've read a lot of conflicting Goodreads reviews for this one, so I'm curious to see find out what I think. 



This is a really interesting sounding YA novel about girls being invited to a camp that doesn't exist. It's categorized as both horror and fantasy, and I can't wait to read it. 


Honor Girl is a graphic novel about a camper falling in love with a counselor, and the fallout that happens because of it. It sounds really, really good. 


This summer camp YA novel is set in Kentucky, at a gifted and talented camp. I love the dreamy, beautiful cover! 


The Interestings is an adult novel that starts out at summer camp (this one for the arts), and then explores the characters' lives through middle age. I have mixed feelings about some of Wolitzer's other work, but this sounds like it will be worth the read. 

Have you read any good books about summer camp recently? Leave your recommendations in the comments!



Comments

Popular Posts