It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I read last week:

My little girl turns five this week, and her first ever kid party is this weekend. So I've been very busy! My reading week has been busy too, although strangely fragmented. At the moment, I'm reading nine books. Yes, nine! It's not unusual for me to read two or three titles at a time, but ten means I'm being restless and genre-hopping. 

My favorite reads included Some Kind of Animal, You May Already Be A Winner, The Gunners, and With the Fire on High. 





   

 



  
Currently reading:

As I warned, I'm reading a LOT of books concurrently. 

 
   

 

 


  
Up Next:

IF I can get to it, I'm really looking forward to Sarah Gailey's newest book. 




Goodreads Challenge: 39/250
Popsugar Challenge: 14/50
YARC 2020: 4/41
Owned Books Challenge: 13/50

What are you reading?


Comments

  1. Wow, a great list & many I have not read, Wendi. Thanks for the titles! Have a lovely birthday celebration with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your little one!! I also have a five year old daughter -- those early birthdays are so special. <3 I love the cover to You May Already Be A Winner and I keep meaning to pick up All Summer Long. I've heard wonderful things about Her Royal Highness and Ice Cream Sandwich had some important conversations, but it wasn't my favorite middle grade read. I'm a little envious of those who can keep up with reading so many books at once. I can read maybe 3-4 at a time (especially if one's an audiobook and another is a family read aloud, but if genres and settings are too similar then I sometimes find myself mixing the events up). Have a wonderful reading week, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, isn't it a great age? I definitely recommend You May Already Be a Winner, it's pretty hard-hitting and emotional. I agree about Ice Cream Sandwich, I just didn't like it the way I thought I would. Have a great week as well!

      Delete
  3. 9 is so many! I think my all time high has been 4 at a time. I really loved The Hunger- hope you do too! And I have high hopes for the new Megan Goldin- her last one was good but not great, but I see glimpses of a favorite thriller author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the new Goldin, I thought it was much stronger than her first book. So far I'm enjoying The Hunger. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I think I usually have 2-3 books going, but not more than that! And if I do, I try to mix up the genres if possible.
    I love everything Elizabeth Acevedo writes. I think her upcoming one is another novel in verse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO looking forward to her next novel. All of them are so strong!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! Have a wonder filled celebration.
    All Summer Long was a delightful surprise read for me. I've read some of these others as well, but many here are new to me. I usually have 2 or three books on the go. Even then, other than my audiobook, I might start something, but end up finishing one book before going back to reading others. I don't read a bit here and bit there from different books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I enjoyed All Summer Long too, more than I thought I would! Have a great reading week.

      Delete
  6. Nine is a lot!
    I’m hoping to read Upright Women Wanted, it sounds like fun!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you too! Hope you enjoy Upright Women Wanted.

      Delete
  7. I read The Hunger last year and I am excited to hear what you thought of it. I really enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, but the premise is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts