First Chapter First Tuesday Intros



Each Tuesday, Vicki, from I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where readers post the opening paragraph(s) of a book that they are reading or plan to read. 

This is the book I'm reading today:



Victor readjusted the shovels on his shoulder and stepped gingerly over an old, half-sunken grave. His trench billowed faintly, brushing the tops of tombstones as he made his way through Merit Cemetery, humming as he went. The sound carried like wind through the dark. It made Sydney shiver in her too big coat and her rainbow leggings and her winter boots as she trudged along behind him. The two looked like ghosts as they wove through the graveyard, both blond and fair enough to pass for siblings, or perhaps father and daughter. They were neither, but the resemblance certainly came in handy since Victor couldn't very well tell people he'd picked up the girl on the side of a rain-soaked road a few days before. He'd just broken out of jail. She'd just been shot. A crossing of fates, or so it seemed. In fact, Sydney was the only reason Victor was beginning to believe in fate at all. 

What are you reading today?

Comments

  1. I've been meaning to read this author. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I have a bunch of hers to read... I must get to them! Here's my Tuesday post!

    Hope you enjoy this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think her books will be too spooky for me. I should give one a try anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely an intriguing start. See what we are featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this intro, I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts