It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I read last week:

So ... it's actually Tuesday, I'm a day late! We were on vacation in Florida for most of the week, which meant I got a lot of reading done! My favorites included Persons Unknown, This is How You Lose the Time War, and A Closed and Common Orbit. 




 


 



   
 

 

 



Currently reading:


Up Next:

I read a lot of adult mystery and sci-fi this week, and I feel it's time to go back to middle grade, at least for a bit. My copy of Dead Voices came in, and I'm very excited to read it!




Goodreads Challenge: 54/250
Popsugar Challenge: 19/50
YARC 2020: 5/41
Owned Books Challenge: 17/50







Comments

  1. I really, really enjoyed Arden's Small Spaces -- seemed the perfect amount of scare and fall seems to be the "spooky" time of year for stories like that. Then I seem to remember Dead Voices being much scarier, which really surprised me. Perhaps it was the idea of being trapped there in a snow storm. I'll look forward to seeing what you think. I'm looking forward to her Spring and Summer books! Hope you have a wonderful reading week, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished Dead Voices and think it's scarier as well. The snow storm and an almost abandoned resort made me think of King's "The Shining," although Dead Voices goes a slightly different route. But yes, what a satisfying and terrifying middle grade horror book! Thanks for stopping by, Shaye!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts