2019 Reading Challenges

Honestly, I'm not that great at reading challenges. I read a lot of books from diverse genres, but I often just read what I want (and any ARCs I get approved for via Netgalley), and then cram like crazy when it's the end of November and I've completely neglected my challenges. Sometimes it works out in the end, sometimes not. But this year I'm going to try my best to complete the following:


Popsugar Reading Challenge! The details are here. I plan on doing both the basic and advanced challenge, which is 53 books total.

Here are a few of the books I'm thinking about reading for this challenge:





This one is a new one for me. We're fortunate to live within five minutes of two great libraries, with dozens more within a 30 minute drive. I can borrow 75% of anything I'd like to read via Overdrive, and 99% through inter-library loans. With my staggering physical TBR, there's really no need for me to add to it with more purchases? Right? That's what I'm going to try to do anyway, just gotta stay away from Book Outlet! Anyway, the sign up for the Library Love Challenge is here.

I'm going to try for Library Card on Fire, with 60+ books.

I'm in line (#126) for an Overdrive copy of this book, so I think it's a good place to start - and I probably won't get a copy until February, at least!






I'm trying to read the books I owned but haven't read yet, both physical copies and on my Kindle. So for challenge, I'm going to limit myself to just books I already own as of TODAY. There isn't a set amount to read for this one, but I'm going to challenge myself to read 100 books. Interested in Beat the Backlist? Sign up here.

Here are some possibilities for this challenge:







What reading challenges are you going to participate in for 2019? 








Comments

  1. Thanks for joining the Beat the Backlist challenge! I'm going to attempt to read what I own as well because it's gotten out of hand lol.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts