Top Ten Tuesday: Winter TBR


Top Ten Tuesday is all about the books you want to read this winter!

Here are the top ten books I look forward to reading this winter!


I read "choose-your-own-adventure" books when I was a kid, but I had no idea the genre existed for adults until planning my list for next year's PopSugar Challenge. I'm excited to read Meanwhile!


Neil Patrick Harris' choose-your-own-adventure autobiography is my runner-up choice for this PopSugar prompt, but I may read it even if I choose Meanwhile. I've loved him since Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog.


I love reading history about women's lives, and this book sounds like a perfect primer. 


Backman's Britt-Marie was Here was my unexpected hit of 2018, so I put myself on the library waitlist for Bear Town. I am crossing my fingers that I don't actually have to have an interest in sports to enjoy this book, as I was able to with Britt-Marie. I live in one of the most sports crazy cities in America, but I have zero interest in any sports. Shh, that's a secret!



This book has been compared to A Wrinkle in Time and Rebecca Stead's When You Reach Me, both dear favorites of mine. So I'm excited to read this one! 


Burgers, love, and a gorgeous cover? Oh my! I actually pre-ordered this book, and it's high time I start reading it! 


I loved The Accident Season. It was very, very close to being a perfect book, in my opinion. This one is about witches, a subject I'm always interesting in reading about. Honestly, I don't know why I've waited this long to read it. 


The Japanese American Internment of World War II is one of those woeful historical events that are rarely taught in school these days. Having grown up in Hawaii where the Japanese population is quite high, we all knew what happened, but there wasn't much to read (at the time) other than Farewell to Manzanar. This book looks like a comprehensive look at the camps, the families interned, and the policies that led to them. 



This is another book that has been sitting on my bookcase for quite a while. It sounds mysterious and fascinating, and I'm making it a priority to read it this winter. 


I was charmed by Elly Griffiths' The Stranger Diaries, so I'm looking forward to leaping into her well known detective series. 

What are you planning on reading this winter?






Comments

  1. These sound great! I love Neil Patrick Harris, so I'm a little biased on him, well, existing! But, I hope you enjoy. Also, Spellbook of the Lost and Found has such a nice cover design to it. I love the autumn feeling it gives off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree. I think it has a beautiful cover too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts