Stacking the Shelves #11


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from the library, review books, and of course e-books! This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Review ARCs


T. Greenwood's Rust & Stardust was a traumatic, beautiful, necessary retelling of an actual crime, and even though it's been months since I read it, it haunts me still. Keeping Lucy looks equally engrossing.

And I'm already halfway done with Roam, a young adult novel about a homeless teenage girl who has to start all over again in a new town. 

 Giveaways


I am SOOOO excited I won a copy of Alice Feeney's new book. I read Sometimes I Lie recently and really enjoyed it, so I'm thrilled about this one.


Kindle E-books

 

I had an old boyfriend who used to read a lot of Colum McCann's work, but his literary tastes always ran to white working class male stuff (and mine does not, most of the time), so I never read McCann. But this book of short stories was on sale this week, and it seemed interesting. Also, I kind of miss reading short stories. 

Mrs. Caliban is for my 2019 PopSugar Reading Challenge. I was so happy to see it on sale, I had to get a copy. It looks really weird, which suits me fine! 

Library Copies

 

 


I'm kind of dragging with the Christmas reading (I've read six so far this year, which is a record for me), but I was on a humongous waiting list for Redbird Christmas, so I'm going to give it a go. Also, I love the movie, Fried Green Tomatoes. It's so good!

The Sugar Queen is for my 2019 PopSugar Reading Challenge, and unfortunately arrived from the wait list early. I have to figure out if I should just read it and substitute something else for the prompt, or return it and go back on the waiting list. Ugh! What would you do? It looks good, but the comparisons of it to a dessert on the cover blurb is confusing. What's the equivalent of a dessert book? Does it mean that it's fluffy, or exhaustingly sweet? I guess I'll find out. 

And it's the end of the year. I'm done with the Goodreads Challenge, done with PopSugar's 2018 Challenge, pretty much caught up with most of my Netgalley reading. So My Cousin Rachel and The Essex Serpent are books that have been on my radar for a while - I'm finally making the time to read them. 

What books are on your shelves this week?








Comments

Popular Posts