It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.


Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

It was another busy week, made complicated by me getting sick! Luckily it was just a regular cold, but it took me out of commission for a few days. I was well enough to take Isobel to Cub Scout camp. I'm her den leader, and we had both den activities and larger pack events (like hikes and campfire programming), but the Tigers were happiest splashing in the creek. They spent hours building a rock bridge together. My daughter told me it was the best weekend ever!





What I Read Last Week:

Isobel reviewed Meet Yasmin here. I hope to have a review of Who I Was With Her up this week as well. Who I Was With Her and Crying in H Mart were my favorite reads of the week. 
 
 

 
  



Currently Reading:

 




Up Next:




What are you reading?



Comments

  1. Sorry for the cold but the camp sounds fun! I will look for some of these, like Crying in H Mart! Thanks, Wendi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I highly recommend Crying in H Mart. Thanks for stopping by, Linda.

      Delete
  2. Campings sounds like fun, but it would be even better without the cold, I bet. Nice looking books too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was mostly recovered by camp, but yes, it would have been much more enjoyable! Thanks for stopping by, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. Camping when sick is never the most pleasurable experience. Please tell Isobel I enjoyed her review. I've only read one Yasmin book, but will try to find time for more. Crying in H Mart is on my nonfiction must read list for this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so happy to hear you enjoyed it! And I highly recommend Crying in H Mart.

      Delete
  4. Camp sounds like fun! I didn't realize there were co-ed groups in Cub Scouts. I was in Girl Scouts, from Brownies through to about age 16! Lots of fun camping trips and other traveling :)

    I really enjoyed Crying in H Mart, too - did you see the author was the musical guest (her band name is Japanese Breakfast) on Saturday Night Live last weekend?? I was so surprised to see that! It's been many years (decades) since I could stay up late enough to watch SNL, but I want to watch some clips on Youtube or watch the episode On Demand.

    Hope you and Isobel both enjoy your books this week!

    Sue
    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never listened to Japanese Breakfast before, but I need to watch the clips as well. Thanks for letting me know! Isobel is in both Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts this year. I was a Girl Scout for many years, so scouting is important to our family. We may give up one of the scouts activities for something like dance or martial arts next though, though.

      Delete
  5. Saadia Faruqi did a virtual author visit at my school last year and the students fell in love with Yasmin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the Yasmin series! I just reviewed the first book in Saadia's new middle grade series on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's exciting! I didn't realize there was a new middle grade series. I'll have to look for your review.

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry you've been dealing with a cold this week, Wendi—I hope you're feeling better! It's amazing that you took your daughter to camp and led all kinds of events despite not feeling well—that's dedication! And all of these books look fantastic—I enjoyed Isobel's review of Meet Yasmin! Thanks so much for the wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Max! I am feeling much better. Isobel will be thrilled you liked her review as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts