It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.


Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I read last week:

We had an exciting week! Our school had a No Place for Hate sponsored Diverse Book Reading Event. I'm part of the No Place for Hate parent committee, and my family also built the free little library that we unveiled during the event. The mayor even did an official ribbon-cutting!


 



Our local Girl Scout troop raised money to buy our inaugural supply of diverse and inclusive books. The elementary students also worked with the art teacher to design and paint the free little library. It's so nice when the whole community can come together to support a love of reading.

We had a great community turn-out, and all the kids left with books. I call that a success!

I plan to keep checking on the free little library during the summer, and stocking it with diverse picture and elementary chapter books - what books do you recommend? 



Anyway, on to the books I read this week!

I loved Eyes That Kiss in the Corner, and this companion picture book is just as wonderful. You can read my full review here





 




I don't normally read romances, but this lesbian romance about fake dating was so cute, and the perfect book to read during such a stressful, busy week. No Rings Attached is the second book in this romance series, so now I have to go back and read the first one! 


Currently reading:

 
 



Up next:



What are you reading?




Comments

  1. Great looking Little Free Library! You have a nice assortment of books here too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored Finding Juni Kim! I am now reading Under the Whispering Door. It's my first TJ Klune novel, but I already know it won't be my last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding Junie Kim is such a good book. I highly recommend TJ Klune's The House in the Cerulean Sea. It's wonderful!

      Delete
  3. I haven't been around in a while, so I didn't realize you've returned to #IMWAYR—welcome back, Wendi! The diverse book event you ran looks so amazing—what a wonderful community you're in that supports that, and what a wonderful job you did coordinating it! And all of these books look wonderful, especially Eyes that Speak to the Stars. Thanks so much for the wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm welcome (back!) And yes, I love Eyes that Speak to the Stars. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. I just got Finding Junie Kim from the library -- looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been hearing good things about Junie Kim, and I really enjoyed Under the Whispering Door on audio!

    I LOVE your new Little Free Library! The students did a great job with it :) And what a wonderful event, too. Let's see ... during Middle-Grade March, I really enjoyed Room to Dream by Kelly Yang, which covered a lot of great diversity issues and was a wonderful story!

    https://bookbybook.blogspot.com/2022/03/middle-grade-review-room-to-dream.html

    Enjoy keeping the Little Free Library stocked! I want to put one up at my house, but we live at the end of a cul-de-sac - not much traffic back here! ha ha

    I'm late with my visits, but I hope you've been enjoying your books this week -

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts