It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.


What I read last week:


I was able to get a LOT of reading done, mostly because school is back in session for both kids and no one is sick! My favorites this week included Tunnel of Bones, My Jasper June, and I, Cosmo. 


 


 


 


 


Currently reading:

 


Up next:



I was excitedly reading about Gailey's upcoming YA book when I realized that I have two of their books on my shelf that I haven't read yet! I can't in good conscience pre-order a book from an author I haven't read yet, right? So this week, I'm going to read at least one of these books. Have you read either or both? Which do you recommend? 


 


Goodreads Challenge: 14/250
Popsugar Challenge: 6/50
YARC 2020: 2/41
Owned Books Challenge: 5/50


Comments

  1. Oh I definitely enjoyed My Jasper June and I, Cosmo! Do you need to have read City of Ghosts to understand what’s going on in Tunnel of Bones? I’ve had City of Ghosts on my list for a while, but just never got around to it. Hope you enjoy Guts! I just recently read the books in that series, back to back, and had so much fun. My 14 year old loved them, too. Thanks for sharing, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Guts, and am trying really hard to persuade my 10 year old to read it too. He still thinks the series is too "girly," just by judging the books by their covers. I do think you should read City of Ghosts before, there's some backstory between Cassie and her ghostly friend that become important in Tunnel of Bones.

      Delete
    2. Oh, Shaye - definitely read City of Ghosts!! It was soooo good! I know you'll like it :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading Tunnel of Bones. The premise is fantastic and just the right amount of spooky. I have Cub on my TBR right now. And the premise for River of Teeth sounds delightfully fun. Thanks for sharing all these great books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad you enjoyed Tunnel of Bones too! I'm currently reading Magic for Liars, but enjoying it so much I think I'll start River of Teeth soonish. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Making my rounds very late this week, Wendi! It's been one for the record books in terms of hectic-ness and stress :) Thank goodness for books, right?

    As I said above, I loooved City of Ghosts, and now you've reminded me that I missed Tunnel of Bones! I was watching for its release last year but somehow missed it - thanks for the reminder!

    Interestingly, I had NEVER heard of Catherine Ryan Hyde before, and now you're the 3rd person in a week to mention her books (and not all the same book, either!). Weird how that works sometimes - I guess the universe it trying to tell me to try her!

    Hope you enjoy Guts - it's a good one!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts