2020 Reading Challenges



It's time to tell you guys about my reading goals this year! I try not to get too, too crazy about reading challenges, but there are three I participated in last year that I'd like to revisit this year as well. 

My Goodreads reading challenge is to read 250 books. Last year, I was fortunate to read 441 books, so I'm crossing my fingers that this will be another great reading year. 

This is my third year participating in the Popsugar Challenge, which I'm always excited about! This year, I'm taking a more casual approach. I normally assign books to each category before the challenge even begins, but because I'm a mood reader, this doesn't always work out. Instead, I'm just going to revisit my challenge prompts every two weeks or so, and assign the books read to the prompts. By late summer, I'll see if I need to read more specific books in order to complete the remaining prompts. 

My final formal reading challenge is the Year of the Asian Reading Challenge. I loved participating last year, and was one book away from the Bengali Tiger level, more than 50 books read. This year, I'm setting the bar slightly lower, and hope to complete the Asian Elephant, with 41 to 50 books by Asian or Asian-American authors. 

My last reading challenge is perhaps the most important: I want to read my extensive backlist. I have at least 100 physical books that are on my TBR. That doesn't include the TBR on my Kindle! So I'd like to read at least 50 of these books this year. 

What are your reading goals in 2020? 



Comments

Popular Posts