It's Monday! What are you reading?

 

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

Let's be honest. The pandemic has been hard. It's been hard on parents, on educators, and on kids. It's especially hard around holidays and celebrations. Last week, my daughter celebrated her sixth birthday. She wasn't able to have a physical party with extended family and friends, so we tried to make it as fun as possible at home.

Zoom birthday parties with online games! A treasure hunt (with treats and "gemstones" (i.e. large rhinestones) along the way) for one of her gifts. She requested a three tiered Frozen cake, and my husband made her one! And to end the night, a glow-in-the-dark dance party!

 

It was all a lot of fun! Whew! Now I have two months to plan for my stepson's birthday! 

What I read last week:

I had a successful reading week as well! I was able to whittle down my excessively large Netgalley TBR, and my daughter enjoyed Dog Man and Cat Kid. I really liked The Project and Grown. 

 
   
 
 

 

Currently reading:

   
 

Up next:

Once again, I don't know. I have a few great sounding adult novels come in from Book of the Month, but I'm also staring down my Netgalley ARC stack ... oh, and Overdrive requests are starting to come in! 

Every week is a reading adventure! 

Goodreads Challenge: 29/120
Ultimate Popsugar Challenge: 6/50
#Mustreadin2021  Challenge: 0/19
What are you reading?



Comments

  1. It's a nice and varied list, Wendi. I have a granddaughter who loves the DogMan books & I will look for The Project and Grown! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter's Zoom birthday party sounds fantastic, Wendi! My daughter would LOVE a 3-tiered Frozen cake. She'll be turning 7 later this spring, but she's still all about Anna and Elsa. I'm looking forward to more of Courtney Summers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing Zoom GS meetings. They are better than nothing, sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow—it sounds like you held a wonderful birthday for your daughter! These books sound excellent. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That birthday party sounds like an amazing event. You have really set the bar high for the next one.
    I appreciated reading your review of The Project. I am a new fan of her work. Sadie was kind of traumatizing, but I still wanted more.
    It seems like everything arrives all at once sometimes for me too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts