It's Monday! What are you reading?

 


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

Whew! We finally had a week to breathe! I even managed to do some sewing. My daughter grew a few inches since we did back-to-school clothes shopping, so I made her a few pairs of joggers and long sleeved shirts. There was a definite Star Wars theme, because one of her shirts featured Chewbacca and porgs, and I may have sewed a matching shirt for myself! 

Someday my daughter will definitely not be okay with matching Mommy and Me outfits, but right now she's delighted by them! 

We also watched Flora & Ulysses on Disney+. My daughter loved it, and for the most part, so did my husband and I. I think the book might be our next read-along selection, after finishing Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas. 

What I read last week:

 
 



Currently reading:

 
 
 


Up next:



Goodreads Challenge: 38/120
Ultimate Popsugar Challenge: 8/50
#Mustreadin2021  Challenge: 0/19

What books have you read lately?




Comments

  1. I just read on someone's post that Flora & Ulysses has come out with an 'illuminated" version. You may want to check that out! I hope you enjoyed A Place at the Table. I found it wonderful! Happy Reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I loved A Place at the Table. It was great! Have a great week, Linda.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking assortment of books. I really admire anyone who can sew. All I can do is buttons. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only sew simple knits. My daughter wants me to try sewing princess dresses, but that's a little out of my comfort zone! Have a great reading week, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. Added a few of these to my TBR List (this link up is sooo dangerous to my list!).

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I add at least five books to my TBR every week because of IMWYR!

      Delete
  4. Awww. I love that you're still enjoying matching Mommy and Me outfits!! I'm sure my youngest (6) would love that, but I was never great at sewing actual clothing. Super hero capes, shopping bags, coloring cases were all just fine, but sadly, I could never get sizing right on clothing. *sniff, sniff* We can't wait to watch Flora & Ulysses this coming Friday. But I'll admit that reading the book aloud isn't as successful as I'd imagined. There are so many illustrations and comic sections to stop and view that it's a lot of stop and start with a home full of children. Nevertheless, we're chugging along and I think they're settling into the quirky story more every day. I hope you enjoy The Degenerates - it looks wonderful! Thank you for all these shares, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Flora & Ulysses before my daughter was born (also 6!), and remembered very little of it other than the superhero squirrel theme. So I'm not a hundred percent sure what was altered for the film, but it was definitely enjoyable. The kids want to watch it again this weekend! Thanks for stopping by, Shaye.

      Delete
  5. I was surprised to see the good reviews for the Flora & Ulysses movie—I was not expecting them to be able to adapt that delightful a book into a movie. (You'll definitely love the book!) I'm glad your daughter still enjoys matching outfits with you! All of these books sound great, especially A Place at the Table (waiting on my shelves right now)! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Flora & Ulysses many, many years ago, so I had only the vaguest memories of what happened in the book. I'm excited to revisit it! I hope you enjoy A Place at the Table, it was an excellent book! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Love Place at the Table for the home ec type classes! I haven't sewn clothes for years-- it's so much cheaper to buy things at the thrift store. It's a good skill to have, though: in college, I made slacks with belt loops and pockets! Sewing is a great break from reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I loved Place at the Table too! It was so nice to read about cooking clubs at school!

      Delete
  7. I loved reading about your sewing adventures. I have fabric waiting for me to sew matching dresses for one of my granddaughters and myself. The problem is that since I purchased it, two more granddaughters have come along...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, congratulations! Perhaps each granddaughter can have their own unique matching-with-Grandma dress. I'm waiting for fabric to make my daughter and mother matching clothes. My mom is very excited!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts