It's Monday! What are you reading?

 


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

School holidays that land on Mondays mess me up, ha ha! So this is a day late, but we'll pretend it's Monday. Last week we celebrated Lunar New Year, Valentine's Day, and had a virtual Cub Scout meeting involving exercising and cooking! I'm looking forward to a quieter week ahead!

My six year-old has been having trouble sleeping, so we've started listening to a children's meditation podcast before bed. It's helping, but it's also cutting into reading time, which is an issue. I think we'll have to start bedtime earlier from now on - reading together is so important! 

What I read last week:
 
It has been almost a year since I read a St. Mary's book, so I was worried about not remembering the characters. Luckily, I didn't have that problem at all! I enjoyed A Second Chance, but my favorite this week was We Dream of Space. 

   
 

 
 


Currently reading:

 
 
 


Up next:

All my Overdrive holds came in! Here are some of my options. Which one do I recommend I start with first?


 
 

 
 


Goodreads Challenge: 35/120
Ultimate Popsugar Challenge: 8/50
#Mustreadin2021  Challenge: 0/19



Comments

  1. I enjoyed Parachutes much more than I thought I would. It deals with a misogynistic, system of rape culture makes two girls from different backgrounds vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday's off definitely mess with my head too. It is wonderful that the sleep meditations are helping but I can see how you will want to figure out bedtime to make sure reading stays. Good luck with getting that routine established. If you liked The Hunting Party, you would probably also like The Guest List. They are actually very similar suspense books with the ensemble cast and a remote location. It always seems to be that all my books that I have been waiting for come in at once. Good luck deciding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late to commenting this week, but I was really surprised at the depth of Parachutes. At the end, there's a helpful author's note that provides more details about Yang's personal experiences. So good! Also, I'd love to know what children's meditation podcast you've been using. My six year old falls asleep just fine, but she's been waking up a couple hours into the night and so I'm thinking about our bedtime routine and ways to help her through this new development. And we've decided to start bedtime a little earlier each day. Not so much for the kids, but for US as parents. It feels like we're burning the candle at both ends, so we're too often missing out on sleep. Anyway... thanks for the shares and I hope you're having a great reading week, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when I reserve books and they all come in at once, or I request NetGalleys figuring I won't get them all--and then do so I have "too many" books to read. Enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts