It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I Read Last Week:

It's been another extremely busy week! We managed to get to and from school, dentist appointments, and a Fall Fest for my daughter's preschool. In addition to the normal pumpkin carving and crafts, there was a wild animal show hosted by a rescue organization. The kids saw a kookaburra, monkey, hawk, and a kangaroo! 

Here's the best picture I got of the kangaroo. It's still pretty blurry, sadly. 



I had a pretty decent reading week with several five star reads, including The Lost Coast and Frankly in Love. I also adored Pie in the Sky!


 

 

 

 


Currently Reading:

I couldn't not read a Stephen King novel in October! I'm also listening to the audiobook version of Beauty Queens, which I DNF'ed a few years ago in print form. I've loved all of the other books I've read by Bray, so I decided to give it a second chance. The audiobook is going more smoothly for me. :)





Up Next:

The October Readathon for Middle Grade Madness (a Goodreads group) is starting in a few days so I'll be reading some of those spooky books! I also have to finish reading Chasing Vermeer for my stepson's Battle of the Books. 



Goodreads Challenge 2019: 361/400
YARC 2019: 20/50
Popsugar Challenge: 46/50

What are you reading?


Comments

  1. Nice variety of books. I hope you enjoy all the ones on your stack for this week. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kathy, and happy reading to you as well!

      Delete
  2. Will look for The Lost Coast, Wendi. I've read another book about The Children's Blizzard, fascinating and sad, too. I know what you mean about a Halloween book. I usually re-read Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes. Enjoy the Stephen King book, shivers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love Something Wicked This Way Comes. I discovered it back in high school, and still revisit it from time to time. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I still need to read Pie in the Sky, glad you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good, and the graphic novel format was perfect for showing the protagonist's alienation in a new country. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I got excited when I saw you were listening to Beauty Queens. I adored it as an audiobook, but haven't tried it otherwise. I adore those chapter markers. Pie in the Sky! was a hit for me too! I'll be looking for The Lost Coast and Frankly in Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the audiobook version is so entertaining, it's very much theatre, and I love how the footnotes are weaved in. I definitely recommend The Lost Coast and Frankly in Love. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Lots of great sounding books. I'm adding Frankly in Love and Chasing Vermeer to my wishlist. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend Frankly in Love. My stepson read Chasing Vermeer and said it was great, hope you like it too!

      Delete
  6. Aren't those weeks when we get more than 1 great read in amazing!! They give me such a natural high and a driving force to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of good reads, and a bonus kangaroo! The cover for Dark Clementine is great and I've seen it on several pages now. Hmm. I listened to Beauty Queens a few years back and had a blast -- I knew nothing about it going in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty Queens is great on audio book. I'm halfway through and having a lot of fun.

      Delete
  8. I really, REALLY enjoyed Frankly in Love this week (will review it next week) and now I need to get Pie in the Sky back on my request list. I had to bump it when too many books became available at once. But I continue to hear great things about it. Thanks for the shares, Wendi, and I hope you're having a wonderful reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too! So good! Pie in the Sky is great too, you definitely need to read it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts