2021 Reading Challenges and Expectations


Happy New Year, bookish friends! I hope you're as excited as I am about the start of 2021. 2020 was an extremely hard year. I know I'm not the only one who felt this way. I'm excited about a happier year, and a more productive one for all of us! 

My reading challenges are usually pretty big. Last year, I actually scaled my Goodreads goal back to 250, because hitting my previous goals of 400 books got too stressful. I don't know about you, but I read to relax, not to further stress myself out!! 

For 2021, I'm setting a Goodreads goal of 120. This is the lowest goal I've ever set. I fully expect to read wonderful books this year, but I am just not a pandemic reader. Anxiety about Covid-19, virtual learning for the kids, and everyone being home 24/7 just makes it harder for me to concentrate on books.

The only other reading challenge I'll be participating in this year is the Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge. I'm going to try to read books written by BIPOC authors for all 50 prompts. 

What are your reading expectations for 2021? 







Comments

Popular Posts