It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

Yay, I'm reading again! Virtual school and work isn't easing up here (our cases are so bad, my stepson actually had to switch from hybrid to virtual learning), so I'm trying my best to find pockets of time to read. Books make me feel so much better! I look forward to seeing what my bookish friends are reading. 

What is very exciting is that my kindergartner has caught the reading bug! She fell in love with Dogman, and we've branched out to The Princess in Black. She prefers Dogman, but we'll continue on with both series!


What I read last week:


 


 

 


 


Currently reading:


 
 




Up next:




What are you reading?




Comments

  1. I'm glad you are finding time to read. I'm so glad I'm retired. Teaching these days sounds especially difficult. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these poor teachers! Switching from hybrid and virtual and back again is tough. I appreciate all that they do.

      Delete
  2. We're remote this week because cases in Ohio had gone up, but since they are going down, I hope we get back to our hybrid model, with about 1/3 of the students in the building at a time. It's not great, but it's easier keeping track of what they are doing when they are in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true. My stepson does a lot better with a hybrid model. I think it's seeing his teachers in person, even if only for 2 days a week. My kindergartener is full virtual and doing fine; for her, it would be more confusing to switch back and forth. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back to #IMWAYR! I'm glad you're managing to cram in reading time despite all of the virtual learning. It's awesome that your kindergartener has been enjoying books lately! Ghost Boys sounds excellent, and I need to get to Fighting Words (I still haven't read Bradley's last book, The War I Finally Won). I have a copy of You Should See Me In a Crown on my to-be-read shelf right now! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fighting Words is great! I haven't read the rest of Bradley's books, but I really must. And I loved Ghost Boys too.

      Delete
  4. I was so glad to see your name pop up in the #imwayr link-up this week, Wendi! Book have certainly saved many of us during this virtual time!! I enjoyed Ghost Boys and purchased Fighting Words -- I'm very much looking forward to this one! I've heard wonderful things about You Should See Me in a Crown, so I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shaye! I'm glad to be back. Fighting Words is such a powerful book. And I'm excited to start You Should See Me in a Crown as well!

      Delete
  5. Like others, nice to see you back, Wendi. Reading with a kindergartener is always fun, so glad to hear about yours! Those first two chapter books, sigh, are still on my list. I hope I can get to them sometime this year! I loved Ghost Boys, though very sad. Thanks for all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! I highly recommend both books. They're both difficult reads at times, but powerful and important.

      Delete
  6. Reading always makes me feel better - unless it's one of those books that sinks me into despair. I've been avoiding that kind these days.
    You have been reading some great books. I like the idea of Dogman and that it turned one of my great nephews into a reader, but I fan of the Princess in Black series. I enjoyed Ghosts and am really looking forward to Fighting Words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I also like the idea of Dogman, but some of the humor is a little cringeworthy! I'm hoping that my daughter will like the Princess in Black series more as we read on. I'm a big fan of Shannon Hale.

      Delete
  7. It's good for kids to like some stuff we don't care for -- it affirms them as independent readers. But it's also fun to share books you both love! That first sense of themselves as readers is so precious! I'm still a big fan of Princess in Black, and also Princess Harriet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts