It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

Inauguration week! Finally! I'm both excited and nervous about Wednesday, as I'm sure many of you are. I hope that there will be a peaceful transfer of power, and there are no repeats of the terrible Capital riot. 

I had another productive reading week, with the standout being A Good Kind of Trouble, which pairs typical middle school anxiety (about friendships and fitting in) with sensitive discussions about race, racism, and police brutality. My daughter loved Dogman Unleashed even more than the first Dogman title, although she did keep asking where his leash was (how could he be unleashed if he never had a leash to begin with?). Anyway, we'll start reading the third installment tonight. Other than the third Dogman, I'm not sure I'll read this week. 

What I read last week:

 
 


 
   


Currently reading:



 
 



Up next:

?

What are you reading?



Comments

  1. I've heard a lot of praise for A Good Kind of Trouble, as well as another book by Ramée called Something to Say! Bat and the Waiting Game also sounds great. I know keeping up the reading momentum every single week is hard, and sometimes you just have to take a break and start again later! Thanks so much for the excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to read Something to Say! I really like the Bat series, this is the second book. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I loved A Good Kind of Trouble . The United Nations are such an authentic group of kids - a lot like the students at the school I taught at before I retired.
    Here is Canada we will be watching the Inauguration with our fingers crossed. We are cheering for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these all look and sound so good.. and i have promised myself to finish the books i currently have to read before moving to the next list.. but well, my tbr can handle them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited so excited that Inauguration day seems to have gone off without a hitch, Wendi! I watched much of it with the kids, but we also recorded it since hubby had to work. I remember enjoying A Good Kind of Trouble and I have A Song Below Water. I’ve intended to read the Bat series forever — thanks for the reminder. (That’s too funny about your daughter’s questions on “unleashed.” Heehee!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts