It's Monday! What are you reading?

 



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

Hello again! I had a great reading week, and a pretty solid week all around. Virtual school is still exhausting for everyone involved (kids, parents, and teachers as well), but my kindergartener is doing well! She had a testing session with her teacher for report cards, and  was so excited about showing off her knowledge of math, spelling, and reading. Her teacher said my daughter's enthusiasm made her day! 

My local yarn store also hosted a hat/mitten/scarf drive for the community, and we were able to drop off a bag of handknit hats. I haven't been in the store for a year now (thankfully they have an online shop!), so it was nice to stop by, even for a few minutes. I bought a ball of hat yarn (with tiny stuffed animal attached) for my daughter, although that will have to wait until the SHAWL is completed. 

Every year I knit my daughter a sweater for her birthday. This year, I'm feeling completely unmotivated about sweater knitting, and have convinced myself that a cozy shawl would be just as nice for virtual kindergarten and running around in the backyard. I'm using the pinkest yarn I can find, and I hope that she'll like it. 

Our bookish standouts were The House You Pass on the Way, Cinderella is Dead, and of course, Dog Man: A Tale of Two Kitties for my daughter. 

What I read last week:

 
 
 
 



Currently reading:

 


Up next:


   
 



What are you reading?



Comments

  1. Your knitting accomplishments are impressive, considering all you are doing. The shawl sounds pretty! My 3rd grade granddaughter still loves Dogman books, thinks they're very fun. I don't know Cinderella is Dead, looked it up & it does sound great. Thanks, Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, sorry for the name error, WENDI! Confusion reigns!

      Delete
  2. Distance learning IS exhausting! My daughter, in the 6th grade, is self-motivated and I don't worry about her. But, with my son, who is in the 4th grade, it's like a full-time job to keep him on task! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything by Jacqueline Woodson (FEATHERS, LOCOMOTION, etc and especially BROWN GIRL DREAMING) but haven't managed to read THE HOUSE YOU PASS ON THE WAY yet. I already have BEFORE THE EVER AFTER on my TBR list. So many wonderful books, so little time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read two books by Jacqueline Woodson so far (Brown Girl Dreaming and Before the Ever After), but I can already tell that she is a ridiculously good author, so I'll need to add The House You Pass on the Way to my TBR! I'm glad your daughter is enjoying virtual school, and a handmade shawl sounds like a wonderful gift for her! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very cool to knit a sweater for your daughter every year, Wendi. But a shawl sounds quite nice, too! I absolutely loved A Home for Goddesses and Dogs (though it wasn't anything like what I expected). I continue to enjoy Vanderbeekers with every book and I always wonder "is this the end of it all?" I sure hope not! I've been hearing lots about Grown, so I'll look forward to your thoughts. I'm making the comment rounds rather late this week, so I'll see you again very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts