It's Monday! What are you Reading?



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I read last week:

What a strange reading week it was for me! I read two knitting memoirs, a psychological thriller, a very creepy short story collection, and only ONE middle grade novel! I enjoyed everything I read, but I missed middle grade books this week. The highlights were The Merciful Crow (wow!!) and The Child Finder. 

In non-reading news, I kept busy with school events for the kids and my preschooler's new ballet lessons on Saturday. The highlight of the week was a fun German Christmas Festival (I know, I know, it does seem awfully early), where the kids were able to weave coasters, and I bought soft, beautiful yarn at the local yarn store! 


 

   
 

  

 

Currently Reading:

I'm finally going to try to finish my Popsugar Reading Challenge. Challenger Deep fulfills the challenge, read a book with the word Pop, Sugar, or Challenge in the title. 


 

Up Next:



Goodreads Challenge 2019: 402/400
YARC 2019: 26/50
Popsugar Challenge: 47/50

What are you reading?



Comments

  1. Hi Wendi. Are you a knitter? I have added these knitting titles to my list. This time of year while I am working on knitted gifts, I listen to audiobooks. It will be fun to listen about knitting while I am doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheriee, I am! I'm also working on knitted gifts, which is going much slower than I expected. This happens every year! I hope you enjoy the knitting books. I am able to read on my Kindle as long as the knitting isn't too complicated, but I will definitely try to listen to audiobooks. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed Challenger Deep & This One Summer very much, know there are a bunch of knitting books. I see them in our donations at the used bookstore where I volunteer. Thanks for all you shared, Wendi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look for more knitting books. It gives me solace when I'm trying to knit all my holiday gifts! Thanks for stopping by, Linda.

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about missing middle grade books. There's just something special about those coming of age stories and I'm convinced that they often address the most important topics before all the hormones and confusion of older life muddy the waters. Ah, so nice to hear about some knitting books. I so knit a little, but definitely prefer crochet. In fact, my mom just flew up to see us in September and brought two of the afghans I crocheted for her. And now my kids are all, "Mom, WHY AREN'T YOU CROCHETING?????" So I guess I have put that on hold the last few years of mothering. Must start again, this month -- perfect weather for it, too! VERY interested in seeing what you think of Challenger Deep! I've had it on my TBR list and haven't yet started it, but my Goodreads friends seem to either love it or dislike it. I'm wondering where I'll fall... Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew how to crochet. I know what you mean, I'm knitting for my sister-in-law's new baby, and realized that I had only knit a few things for my daughter when she was a baby. She's currently putting in requests to have "big girl versions" of all the baby things I'm knitting. I'm going to be busy!! Challenger Deep is ... difficult. It gives you an immersive experience of mental illness, which can be disorienting. I think it's an important book, but I didn't enjoy the reading experience.

      Delete
  4. I've read and enjoyed The Bone Houses and This One Summer. Have a good week. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm halfway done with The Bone Houses and really enjoying it as well. Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. The Newspaper Club is one I need to keep an eye out for. I've only read the author's Caleb & Kit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts