It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I read Last Week:

I had another great reading week! Daughters unto Devils is another very, very creepy YA book (think Little House on the Prairie with demon possessions). I was very impressed with The Hearts We Sold and Hey, Kiddo as well. 

 

 

 

 


Currently Reading:

I'm gearing up for holiday knitting season, and Yarn Harlot's books always make me better about my insane knitting goals. At this point, it's a preseason tradition for me to read at least one of her humorous books. 

 



Up Next:

Neal Shusterman's work has awed and horrified me, and I know it's time for me to jump on the Scythe bandwagon. Also, I may have already bought a limited edition of the third book, so I need to start reading the first two! 



Goodreads Challenge 2019: 394/400
YARC 2019: 26/50
Popsugar Challenge: 46/50


What are you reading?



Comments

  1. Well, after reading your Goodreads review of The Hearts We Sold, I'm adding this one to my list. Also, I'm jumping on the Scythe bandwagon, too! Book #1 is on my #MustReadin2019 list and so I grabbed a copy a few weeks ago. Since book #3 is coming out tomorrow, I hope to read all three close together. Have a fantastic week of reading, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, Shaye! Hope you enjoy The Hearts We Sold!

      Delete
  2. Nice assortment of books. All of them are new to me. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Hey, Kiddo was so good! Glad you enjoyed it, too. I am a HUGE Neal Schusterman fan but still need to read the Scythe series. His Unwind series was mind-blowing.

    Looks like you read a great variety - enjoy your books this week!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think about his Unwind series, and it's been years since I've read the books! Have a great week.

      Delete
  4. Book # 3 - Toll is out tomorrow! I hope my local Indie will have it! I loved Hey! Kiddo, hope that he has another out soon. You're the 2nd to share the Vanderbeekers, think I should start catching up with that series! Thanks Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend The Vanderbeekers, it's such a lovely series. Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Compulsive Hoarding is new to me. I think I shall look for it. Thank you for sharing it and your other reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very interesting read, and involved interviews with hoarders and family members. Really thought provoking stuff. Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. The Promised Neverland caught my eye! Daughters Unto Devils didn't impress me. I hope you enjoy it more than I did! I loved Scythe and hope you do as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend The Promised Neverland, it's a great series so far! Have a great week.

      Delete
  7. I read Stuff some time ago and found it interesting.
    My daughter is desperately waiting to get her hands on The Toll.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts