It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I read Last Week:

Sorry, just a short post today. I'm sick (the doctor diagnosed me with 'caught a cold from your kid, and got ten times sicker'), and have had a hectic week. I did read some great books, however. The Girl From the Well was truly chilling, and I loved Picture Us In the Light so, so much. I'll try to write reviews for both sometime in the next week or so. 

 

 


 

 


Currently Reading:




Up Next:

My stepson's Battle of the Books competition is tomorrow, and the Middle Grade Madness October Readathon ends on the 31st. So I don't know what I'll read next. Maybe I'll finally finish my Popsugar Challenge? Read more for YARC 2019? Go 100% mood reading? I'm not sure yet! 

Goodreads Challenge 2019: 385/400
YARC 2019: 26/50
Popsugar Challenge: 46/50

What are you reading?


Comments

  1. I hope you feel better soon. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed PICTURE US IN THE LIGHT and HEY KIDDO both very much. This is what I'm reading today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished Hey Kiddo, and yes, what a great book! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Picture Us in the Light does sound good, and I will look for The Girl from the Well. I like scary books, just not every one. Sorry about the illness. Hope you're better very fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd recommend both, and The Girl from the Well is truly scary!

      Delete
  4. I just got back from Jarrett Krosoczka's talk at our college this morning, so it's a delight to see you're reading Hey, Kiddo! Have you had a chance to view his viral TED Talk? Such an inspirational author/illustrator and so down-to-Earth! Outside of middle grade scary, I don't read much horror. The Girl From the Well looks TERRIFYING (probably because the cover reminds me too much of The Ring which is probably the only horror movie I've ever watched and it freaked me out for YEARS). But I did enjoy The Haunted after the publisher sent me an ARC earlier this year. It was tame enough to not completely freak me out. LOL Thanks for sharing, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, but I definitely need to. Hey Kiddo was a fantastic memoir, so honest and heartfelt. And yes, The Girl from the Well definitely reminded me of The Ring! Thanks for stopping by, Shaye.

      Delete
  5. Oh, not fun colds to get! Hope you're on the mend soon!
    I have Picture Us in the Light sitting in a pile. Will get to it eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Hope you feel better soon! It looks like a great variety of books. I really want to read Hey, Kiddo!

    ReplyDelete

  7. I always dread it when my kids get sick because I know I don’t have much chance of avoiding whatever it is.
    I’ve read Stuff and enjoyed it, I’m a bit of a hoarder
    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuff was illuminating, wasn't it? I'm not a hoarder, but my dad definitely had hoarding tendencies, so the subject interests me. And yes, I always get sick when my kids do, and it's almost always worse! Have a great week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts