It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I read Last Week:

This was another great reading week! I have to say I enjoyed everything I read, but I especially loved The Thing About Luck, Ash, and Nightbooks. 

 

 

 

 



Currently Reading:


 



Up Next:

I'm pretty behind on my YARC (year of the Asian reading challenge), so I'm doubling down on books written by Asian/Asian-American authors. Do you have any recommendations? 



Goodreads Challenge 2019: 377/400
YARC 2019: 26/50
Popsugar Challenge: 46/50

What are you reading?



Comments

  1. One of my favorite recent picture books by an Asian-American author is A Different Pond by Thi Bui. Wonderful story.

    A great middle-grade fiction story is A Place to Belong by Cynthia Kadohata.

    I also loved Pachinko by Min Jin Lee.

    Good luck with your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendations! A Place to Belong is high up on my TBR, but I don't think I ever heard of A Different Pond. I'll have to find a copy.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed More to the Story and Nightbooks (a great pre-Halloween read!). I hope you're enjoying I Love You So Mochi. I have this one on my list and see that our local library just got a copy. YAY! In regards to Asian/Asian-American authors, as I mentioned in my post I'm currently reading Our Wayward Fate and really enjoying it -- I'm about 75% through it and can't wait to get back to it and see how it ends! Have a wonderful reading week, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I really need to read Our Wayward Fate! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great list this week. All of these are new to me, so I need to get to the library and check them out! Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed More to the Story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Nightbooks. I just finished Archimancy by the same author. It was fantastic. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll have to check that out. I was very impressed by Nightbooks, I definitely recommend it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. A successful reading week is a great feeling!

    I hope you enjoy your current books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wicked Saints sounds really good. I haven't heard of it before.
    Happy reading to you!.
    Nina@Adventurous Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good, there will be a companion novel out soon as well! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I find that with focusing on Canadian authors (as diverse as they all are) I am missing what look like a lot of fabulous titles. I Love You So Mochi is on my list so perhaps I will eventually get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you do, it's good so far! And I like your blog's focus on Canadian authors, it's something unique for me, coming from the US. Have a great week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts