Give Thanks For All The Great Reads!


I saw this TAG challenge on ReadRantRock&Roll, and thought: I need to do that too! But because I'm still getting the blog up and running again, I'm not going to tag anyone. Feel free to copy this on your blog and tag away, though - I think it's a great idea!

Here are the official rules...

Short and sweet rules:
  • Make sure to tag me as the creator (because I want to see everyone’s answers and make my TBR even longer…) Abbey @ Three Cats and a Girl
  • Make sure to tag the lovely blogger who tagged you (because they also love lengthening their TBR)
  • Give something that you are thankful for this year at the end of the post!
  • Tag as many or as few bloggers as you like.

You Turkey! ~ a book that made you laugh

Hmm, this was a tricky one for me. I don't read a lot of humorous stuff, although maybe that should change! Let me know if there's a humorous book out there that you really love, and I'll try to check it out!

I'm going to have to go with David Sedaris' Holiday on Ice. I used to read this every year around the holidays until my only copy disappeared (hmph!!). A lot of the holiday literature out there is pretty saccharine sweet, but Sedaris is the reigning king of the sardonic and just plain weird, so it's definitely not your typical Christmas book. Also, you'll never look at Santa's elves the same way again!




I’m Stuffed ~ a book that completely satisfied you



I'm going with all four books in The Raven Cycle and The Accident Season. I read hundreds and hundreds of books every year, and these five have stayed with me. This is a good reminder to reread them soon!


Pumpkin Pie ~ the book you are looking forward to reading next


I know a lot of people who love love love this book. It's been unread on my Kindle for way too long, so I'm excited to finally read it for the last of my POPSUGAR Challenge. 

Macy’s Day Parade ~ a book that’s always there waiting on the bookshelf to be read and you know you’ll get to it eventually


I've had Connie Willis' Blackout sitting on my bookshelf for years now. In fact, I'm pretty sure I pre-ordered it! And I love 99% of her stuff, I think she's a fantastic sci-fi writer. I cannot explain to you why I haven't read it yet, but I know that I will definitely. Someday soon. 

Traditions ~ a book you could/do reread every year because it’s so dang good


Speaking of Connie Willis!! After my said copy of Holidays on Ice went missing, Miracle and Other Christmas Stories went on to be the one book I consistently read every year. It's a collection of sci-fi short stories about Christmas, and I think they're all magnificent. There's a wide range of topics and sentiment, from sweet office romance to apocalyptic, with a good dose of creepy in between. I definitely recommend it!


I’m Thankful For ~ a book that really helped you in life




I'm actually going to choose three, all by the same author. And I know, this whole post makes it sound like I just read the same five authors over and over again. I swear that's not true!

I read The Handmaid's Tale, The Edible Woman, and Cat's Eye when I was eighteen or nineteen, and they changed my life. I fell in love with Atwood's writing, and these books shaped my own philosophy on writing, and indeed, on life itself. I've reread them many times since then. 

Which books do you give thanks for? 



Comments

Popular Posts