Top Ten Books That Will Be in My Beach Bag This Summer!


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme are the Top Ten Books that will be in my beach bag this summer!

I'm sort of land-locked, so I don't get to the beach very often. But summer does mean lighter, quicker reads. Less dark contemporary fiction, and more fantasy and romance. Here are my picks!



This novel looks so cute!!! Lainey is determined to get her boyfriend back by using The Art of War. I can only imagine the hijinks that ensue!  


I love girl detective stories. Natalie Fuentes is the heroine of this novel, and the premise sounds intriguing. 


I keep hearing great things about this contemporary YA romance. Judging from the description, it appears to be a romance with some dark edges. Perfect for summer reading!


I loved The Selection, so it's a big mystery why I haven't read The Elite yet. I plan on remedying that soon!


So yeah, I'm a huge fan of steampunk. I've had this novel about spies and romance on my shelf for over six months now, and haven't had the chance to read it yet. So this is definitely going in my "beach bag" this summer! 


 Gorgeous cover. High fantasy about mages with some steampunk elements. Must. Read. Soon!!!


This book looks so freaking cute. And so far I've loved everything I've read by Alyson Noel. 


Nothing screams 'summer' more than assassins! :)


So yeah ... I haven't read this yet. Someone probably needs to revoke my book blogging card. :)


Love story in space, anyone?! 

What books will be in your beach bag?


Comments

  1. Looks like a good list :)
    Pushing the Limits is a really amazing book, Art Geeks and Prom Queens is still one of my favorite books even if I read it years ago, The Elite was a a bit more boring than the Selection but still enjoyable, and finally my favorite from your list is: These Broken Stars! It was sooo cute and I loved every minute of reading it, these two characters are amazing.
    I have no idea what will I read, my GR to-read shelf contains more than 500 books and I just can't seem to get to the end of it because I keep finding new books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait to read These Broken Stars. And I know what you mean, my to-read shelf is getting enormous as well. I love books too much!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read The Selection and Throne Of Glass! Great picks, thanks for dropping by on my list :)

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice summer list. I've been wanting to read Fangirl and These Broken Stars.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Art of Lainey has been shown to be quite a quintessential summer read... :D
    http://writerformisfits.blogspot.com/2014/06/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have several that are on my TBR list - Happy Reading!
    My list: http://fortheartofit.blogspot.com/2014/06/top-ten-tuesday-beach-bag-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Wendi
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award , you can find more information about it here:
    http://www.reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/06/liebster-award.html#more
    If you choose not to participate in it, please leave a comment under this post in which you say so.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts