Scarlet by Marissa Meyer


YA Sci-Fi


I loved Cinder so much, I immediately went to Barnes and Noble and snagged a copy of Scarlet. Yup, a hard copy. I have an e-book version of Cinder, but I prefer to have hard copies of all my favorite books. That's how confident I was that I would love Scarlet.

And I did!!!!!! 

This book is the retelling of Little Red Riding Hood, with Little Red cast as Scarlet, a red-haired (and red hoodie wearing) teenage French girl determined to find her Grandmere. True to the original fairy tale, Grandmere has been kidnapped by wolves, but they're not the sort that roam through the woods and eat chickens. These are Lunar manufactured wolves, men who were created to maim and murder.

Alternate chapters continue the adventure of Cinder and her new companion, a rakish "Captain" Carswell Thorne, who is a cross between Han Solo and Captain Jack Harkness. 

Iko is also here, but in quite a different bodily form. And don't worry, we haven't forgotten about scrumptious Emperor Kai, trying his best not to marry Queen Levana. Poor Kai. Does the plot sound busy and complicated? It's actually not. Once Cinder and Scarlet's paths do merge, it's seamless and natural. 

I'm telling everyone from my BFF to my brother to read Scarlet (and Cinder, if you haven't already), and now I'm telling you. Go to the bookstore. Order online! Hit up the library! The Lunar Chronicles is just too good to miss. 






Comments

  1. I loved this series! I hope you love the next one (Cress) too! I'm counting down the days until Winter is released :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts