It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.


Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

Last Thursday was the last day of school! Isobel is looking forward to second grade, and enjoying summer so far. I love that she wrote "read books" on her summer bucket list. 


I thought that we might have time to relax, but so far we haven't! Isobel had a dentist appointment, we went to a strawberry festival, a birthday party, and a Pride picnic. And today we have a Summer Reading celebration at our local library! 



What I read last week:

 
 



 
 
 


 
 



Currently reading:



Up next:



What are you reading?



Comments

  1. Nice looking books. I miss reading middle grade and YA but don't know how I managed to fit them in. My TBR pile rivals Mt. Everest. Come see my week >a href="https://inside-dog.blogspot.com/2022/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-june-13.html">here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that description for your TBR pile. Mine is very much like that too!

      Delete
  2. Aww, I hope Isobel has a fun summer with lots of books! I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get to read Gallant soon. I can't resist a VE Schwab story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love VE Schwab's stuff too. It's funny that it took me so long to get to Gallant!

      Delete
  3. I love Isobel's summer bucket list! I do hope things calm down for you both this week, although you still manage to get quite the number of books read regardless! I actually heard the authors of Miss Meteor speak on a panel once, which was very cool, and all of the other books look great as well. Thanks so much for the wonderful post, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that's awesome! I bet it was a great panel. Thanks for stopping by, Max.

      Delete
  4. Hi Wendi, Isobel's basket is delightful! It looks like you had a brilliant reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be thrilled if my student wrote "read books" on their summer bucket lists. How awesome! I have a copy of The Fort and will read it this summer. All the others are new-to-me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think The Fort is my favorite Gordon Korman book thus far, I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  6. Welp, I'm definitely going to have to add The Fort to my reading list. I've enjoyed most Gordon Korman's books and I have missed this title. I was happily surprised by how much I enjoyed Sophie's Ghosts. There was more depth to it than I was expecting, too. Thanks for all these shares, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts