It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I read last week:


I don't usually feature the pictures books I review or read with my daughter during IMWAYR!, but my fellow It's Monday bloggers have provided many great recommendations for books my preschooler can read and love (and sometimes read many, many times over).  It's actually the part of IMWAYR! I love best, so I'll try to include picture books going forward, especially those that have captured our hearts. 

So this has been a weird, stressful week (and I think this might be the case for lots of folks around the world), but we went on with our regular routines: preschool, story time at the library, ballet class on the weekend. Sunday was lovely, because it was warm enough to spend some time in the backyard. My daughter and I poked around and talked about the flower garden we want to plant this year: she wants lots of pink flowers! 

 My favorite books this week included What Lies Between Us, 10 Things I Hate About PinkyThis Is Our House, and Red, White & Royal Blue. 


 

  
 

 

  
 

 



Currently reading:


Up Next:

I went to Barnes and Noble the other day and splurged a bit on manga, so I look forward to reading these titles in the next few days. 

 


Goodreads Challenge: 90/250
Popsugar Challenge: 25/50
YARC 2020: 8/41
Owned Books Challenge: 24/50
2020 Retellings Reading Challenge: 0/20
Spacetime Reading Challenge: 7/15


What are you currently reading?


Comments

  1. What a great looking variety of books! Come see my week here. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've bookmarked your favorites, Wendi, all new titles to me. I read Friend or Fiction a while back and enjoyed it. I'm glad to read your favorite picture books, too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed Friend or Fiction as well, it was a cute read! Have a great week, Linda.

      Delete
  3. So many great titles for me to rummage through! I appreciate that you share your favorites, each week. It makes it easier for me to add some to my list. I had checked out Red, White & Royal Blue a few weeks back and had to return it before I was able to get to it. But now I want to get back on the hold list! Have a wonderful reading week, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts