It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.


What I read last week:

How is everyone doing? My household is stir-crazy right now, and we're still getting used to online school and homeschooling. The adjustment is especially hard for my five year-old, who misses her Montessori preschool. Her teachers have told us not to buy Montessori materials for the home, so we're trying to improvise. That said, I found some great online resources that she's enjoying, and will probably do a post later in the week, highlighting what I found and what works for us. 

I'm also leaning hard on our library's Overdrive collection. I normally borrow physical copies of books for the kids, and digital ones for myself, but it's great to borrow picture books on my ipad to read to my daughter, and send middle grade titles to my son's Kindle. We're really enjoying audiobooks right now as well. 

All in all, I'm just happy that we're at home together, healthy and safe. It's kind of scary out there! 

I have a lot less time for reading, but this is what I managed to get to. I really enjoyed Don't Check Out This Book! and All You Can Ever Know. 


 

 



Currently reading:



Up Next:



What are you reading? And how are you doing?


Comments

  1. I'm glad that you are your family are well and that the homeschooling is going well too. I have also be listening to a lot of audiobooks but am nearing the end of the series that has been consuming me. Luckily, I have a bunch of review books to read besides the more than 1000 unread books on my shelves and Kindle. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had quite a pile of books on my shelves as well! Thanks for stopping by, Kathy.

      Delete
  2. I was able to pick up A Home for Goddesses and Dogs at the library before they closed and I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy reading! I've read such good things about it.

      Delete
  3. Having young ones at home can be fun, but harder to make school happen, I'm sure. Best wishes to you & the family, Wendi, to make it through this tough time. I've noted some of the titles you shared, and am glad I have plenty to read, too. When things settle, I'll be sure to find Don't Check Out This Book! "Godesses" is already on my list. I'll look for what you think when you finish it! Thanks for all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Linda, and best wishes to you as well.

      Delete
  4. Oooo--Don't Check Out This Book! looks so good--thank you for sharing :)
    And I feel you about being home. It is so hard to balance it all. So hard. And so surreal. But we can do this!
    Happy reading this week and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay safe as well, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I've seen a lot of praise for both Don't Check Out This Book and A Home for Goddesses and Dogs. Thanks for the great picks, and good luck during these trying times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck as well, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Don't Check Out This Book looks great--just put it on my Follett wishlist.

    Be safe and happy reading this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, I hope you love A Home for Goddesses and Dogs. It took me by surprise, but I thoroughly enjoyed the audiobook edition. How'd you like Odd One Out? It was the first time I ever heard the term heteroflexible. I love Nic Stone's writing, but this one took me out of my comfort zone with some of the blatant deception during exploration. Don't Check Out This Book is a new title for me, but I'm adding it to my list. Thanks for the shares, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts