It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I read last week:


So, you guys know that the world is really weird right now. My kids' schools closed on Friday, and we're looking at least two weeks of online and homeschooling. I spent most of yesterday looking for toilet paper, eggs, rice and laundry detergent - not because I'm stockpiling, but because we're almost out! We also just found out that our restaurants are closed, other than delivery or take out. It's more than a bit stressful, and my reading time (and enjoyment) has taken a hit. I really did love Laid Back Camp though. It was the perfect antidote for such a stressful time! 



 

  
 

 


Currently reading:




Up Next:


I don't know! Do you have any recommendations? Also, how are you guys doing? 



Goodreads Challenge: 97/250
Popsugar Challenge: 25/50
YARC 2020: 8/41
Owned Books Challenge: 24/50
2020 Retellings Reading Challenge: 0/20
Spacetime Reading Challenge: 7/15

What are you currently reading?



Comments

  1. Our restaurants are still open as of this morning though they might be told to close. Cases in Minnesota seem to be growing exponentially. Our K-12 schools are closing as of Wednesday. I am mostly content to stay at home but my brother is still working at Target as long as it stays open. I'm reading lots of audiobooks to fill my time now that there are no sports being played. Come see my week here. Keep well and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audiobooks are a good idea! I bet there's a lot of work at Target for your brother, when I went to ours yesterday there were many empty shelves. Have a good reading week, and stay safe.

      Delete
  2. I will look for Laid Back Camp, Wendi, and also The Inspection, sounds quite good for these crazy times we're living in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you liking Inspection? I've heard mixed things about it but I still think I might pick it up soonish! - Hannah @ Back Shelf Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really slow so far, but I've liked his other books, so I'll stick it out. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Well right about now, I could really use some Laid Back Camp! We are not yet at a full lockdown here, but I expect it is coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, here too. Thanks for stopping by, Cheriee!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts