It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

It's the 4th of July! And apparently, I thought today was Sunday, not Monday, which is why this post is so late. 

We went to Erie for the weekend, which was a lot of fun. But the most exciting event last week was receiving this from my neighbor! 


A garbage bag full of raw sheep's wool! I've wanted to process, dye, and spin my own fiber since visiting Williamsburg last year, so I'm very excited about this. I've dyed natural yarn, but never roving for spinning, and I've certainly never skirted and scoured raw wool! 

So far I've only experimented with a small amount of the wool. I did a rinse and several washes, and the wool is drying as I type this. I'll take pictures of the roving when I finally get to that step. 



What I read last week:

 
 


Currently reading:


Up next:


What are you reading?




Comments

  1. It looks like you are reading a lot of wonderful books Wendi. I really enjoyed Measuring Up and Just Roll With It.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts