It's Monday! What Are You Reading and #MGReadathon Finish Line




It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

Another busy week! The most important update is this: we added a new family member to our home! This is Moose. He's three months old, and despite being sick (we took him to the vet the day after adopting him because he was eating funny - turns out that he has an upper respiratory infection and an ulcer on his tongue), he's the zoomiest, funniest kitten. Right now he's quarantined in a bedroom to keep the other cats from getting sick, which means that there are a lot of jealous cats to placate as we go back and forth. Luckily cats make great reading buddies! Or at least they do when they're older - right now, Moose likes to bite the corners of pages.


Despite this and a million other activities (playground parties, fencing lessons, food festivals), I participated in the 48 hour MGReadathon. I read five books! This was actually better than I thought I would do, considering Moose's surprise arrival into our lives! 



Books I read last week:

 
 

 
 



Currently reading:

 
 


Up next:


What are you reading?



 

Comments

  1. Cute kitten! Makes me wish I wasn't allergic to cats. Nice looking assortment of MG books too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection of books. I just picked up Room to Dream from the library and hope to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times with the kitten. :) I am looking forward to Room to Dream and I have Jukebox on hold. I haven't read much middle grade in the past few months and need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow—Moose is absolutely adorable!! I hope taking care of him and getting him healed up isn't too chaotic. And congrats on finishing five books in the #MGReadathon—that's a huge achievement! I'm really glad you got to read Jukebox, and I've heard great things about Room to Dream too. I also made note of Anne of West Philly! Thanks so much for the wonderful post, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moose is adorable. I hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you love Fenris & Mott--I REALLY liked it! It will be a great read for fans of Rick Riordan!

    Happy reading this week & enjoy that kitten!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts