It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them. 

Whew! After the long holiday weekend, my family and I are getting back into our normal routine. The kids were off from Wednesday on, and I tried to make the week as relaxing as possible between Thanksgiving and other family visits. That said, I read almost nothing, but I LOVED both Call Down the Hawk and The Downstairs Girl. I was pretty disappointed with Horror Stories, although I typically stay away from musician memoirs in general. 

What I read last week:

 




Currently reading:

 


Up Next:

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Want, so I'm excited to jump back in with Ruse. 

 


Goodreads Challenge 2019: 421/400
YARC 2019: 35/50
Popsugar Challenge: 49/50


What are you reading?



Comments

  1. I find it very difficult to get much reading done during holidays. We played lots of board games, watched movies, and did a ton of cooking. But there wasn't much time to myself -- so I probably need to keep that in mind for the upcoming holidays. LOL I'm glad you brought up Want again because I forgot to add it to my list. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed book #2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, same here, not a lot of time to myself, but we did have a lot of family fun! Thanks for stopping by, Shaye.

      Delete
  2. I had big reading plans for the weekend and didn't do as much as I had intended. Plenty of time--a lot of it spent scrolling the internet instead of reading! Oops.... I really want to read Stacey Lee's book. I might try it on audio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it. It was great historical fiction. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I usually read Maggie Stiefvater's books right away, but just haven't gotten to this new one year, & want to! And I've seen several share The Downstairs Girl, will put it on my list, too. Thanks, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Call Down the Hawk is very, very good! It's a worthy follow-up to the Raven Cycle. Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. As soon as I saw that this book had Ronan Lynch as a character, I put it up to the top of my reading list. I adored The Raven Cycle. I see that Will Patton is narrating this series too so I'll wait for the audiobook, even if I am now number 8 on the reserve list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronan was my favorite character in the Raven Cycle, and the book does a great job of branching off from the Raven Cycle without feeling abrupt. I'll have to listen to the audiobook, it sounds excellent.

      Delete
  5. I've been meaning to read The Patron Saint of Nothings for the longest time. Hopefully by next year, this will be in my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm halfway through, it's very good so far. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts