It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them. 


What I read last week:

This has been another crazy, family-filled week, with relatives in from out of state. That said, I tried to keep my reading goals in mind (finishing the YARC 2019 challenge) while choosing the books I did read. The Babysitters Coven didn't really fit into that goal, but I'm glad I read it - it was fun, and very much Buffy the Vampire Slayer inspired. Other hits this week were Warcross and American Born Chinese. 


 


 


Currently reading: 



Up next:

I'm going to try to catch up on my graphic novels and mangas this week. Here's a few of the books I hope to read soon. 

 


Goodreads Challenge 2019: 426/400
YARC 2019: 38/50
Popsugar Challenge: 5o/50

What are you reading?


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I just finished it. It was a wonderful graphic novel about friendship, and I loved the author's note at the end.

      Delete
  2. 'Tis the season! Such a busy time of year.

    I've heard great things about American Born Chinese, and I have Stargazing on my short stack of graphic novel TBRs - it's up next! Hope we both enjoy it :)

    Enjoy your books this week -

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to read American Born Chinese!

      Delete
    2. Yes, American Born Chinese is great. I recommend it as well!

      Delete
  3. Anytime anyone bad mouths graphic novels, I tell them to go read American Born Chinese, and then come back to talk to me. It's still one of my favourite novels, never mind graphic. Stargazing is just delightful too, but in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I loved it too! It was a great book - well, both of them were. Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. I just learned about Stargazing today, glad to see your words about it, too. And Marie Lu's books have been favorites in the past, so hopefully I'll get to them soon. I love American Born Chinese, read it in a group a few years ago & the students loved it, too. Great book! Thanks, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've liked Marie Lu's other books, but these I loved! I highly recommend them.

      Delete
  5. I also need to read American Born Chinese, it is in my classroom, and I just never get to it. I enjoying Warcross right now. Well, I will be after this comment is typed. Thanks, and have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. American Born Chinese is well worth the read. I'm glad you're enjoying Warcross! Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. The sheer volume and variety of graphic novels available right now just astounds and delights me - it's such a versatile format that can be used in so many genres, and I will fight anyone who says graphic novels aren't suitable for young readers. Well, I'll fight them with words, not so much fisticuffs. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I hear you on catching up on graphic novels. I have a pile of them checked out and ILL'ed that I need to read in the next two weeks. I enjoy them so much, so I don't know why I put it off so long. And I remember liking Wildcard better than Warcross. So I hope you've enjoyed book #2, this past week, Wendi (I'm making my rounds super late, this week)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts