It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.


Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I Read Last Week:

I read ... you guessed it, lots of middle grade! I also snuck in The Girl Before, which I didn't enjoy. I should have spent that time reading more middle grade novels! The Middle Grade Madness Challenge is wrapping up in a couple of weeks, and the categories are getting progressively more difficult. Wish me luck! 

My favorites this week were: It Wasn't Me, The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart, It Ain't So Awful, Falafel, and Nevermoor. 





 

 

 

 

 

 



What I'm Currently Reading:

I read pretty much everything Schwab wrote as Victoria Schwab, but this is my introduction to the V.E. Schwab's world. I'm reading just a few chapters per day, because of course my focus is on middle grade this week. Almost Invisible is a young adult novel due back to the library soon, so I'm trying to sneak that in as well. 


  



Up Next:

???

The upcoming middle grade prompts are supposed to be the most difficult yet, so I'm trying to be as flexible with the upcoming week as possible. 


What are you reading?



Comments

  1. The Boy on the Porch and Circus Mirandus are both awesome and very popular with middle grade students. I'll definitely need to check out the other books on your list. Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed The Boy on the Porch, it had a great message. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Star Crossed is so good! I hope you love it!
    And you just finished some books I really want to read--Creech's and Dragon with a Chocolate Heart.

    Happy reading this week :) And thank you for taking part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Star Crossed! It was great! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed Dragon with a Chocolate Heart and Nevermoor. Both are favourites of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were both terrific. I'm glad you loved them too! I can't wait to rest the next book in the series for both of them!

      Delete
  4. We should get along wonderfully is Nevermoor was in your favorites list. :) I absolutely fell in love with Morrigan Crow's world in book #1 and instantly pre-ordered book #2 as soon as I finished it. Now 2020 can't get here fast enough so I can read Hollowpox!! I'm also really enjoying the Chronicle of the Dark Star series. Book #2 (The Oceans Between Stars) was even better. I plan to squeeze in book #3 before the year's end! Is the Middle Grade Madness Challenge something you do through Goodreads? Tell all! Thanks for all these shares and I hope you have a wonderful reading week, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for my copy of #2 for Nevermoor to get here! I think it's a spectacular world, and so much fun to read about. Middle Grade Madness is a group on Goodreads; this is their first monthly challenge. It has been so much fun! I hope they plan on doing it again next year! Have a great reading week as well.

      Delete
  5. That’s a lot of middle grade books!

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts