It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.


Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I Read Last Week:

I'm in the middle of the August reading challenge for Middle Grade Madness, so I read A LOT of middle grade books. I might need a little break from middle grade after this month (maybe). 

What has been amazing about the challenge and its prompts, however, is how it encourages you to read books you wouldn't normally pick up on your own. For me, those books were Cosmic and The Encyclopedia of Me. I really enjoyed Cosmic; The Encyclopedia of Me, not so much, but I'm still glad I read it. 


 \

 

 

 

 
 

 

 




What I'm Currently Reading:







Up Next:


I just got a copy of this fairy tale retelling, and I'm really excited to start reading. I'll try to sneak it in between my middle grade challenge! 


 



What are you reading?


Comments

  1. I love Sweep. I hope reading so many middle grade has made you more glad than mad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweep had a slow start, but overall was such a memorable read! I truly love reading middle grade, and it has made me glad!

      Delete
  2. Oh you certainly have some wonderful titles, here. Some I haven't yet read, but I remember really enjoying Sweep and Reynold's whole Track series. My daughter adored 11 Birthdays as a pre-teen, too. I really don't think I can take a break from middle grade literature. I found a renewed interest in it a few years ago and I just cannot stop. I enjoy adult books and YA books, but I like that middle grade doesn't take itself as seriously. And yet it still addresses very crucial and important topics with more vulnerability. Thanks for all these wonderful shares, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, middle grade tackles important topics so well. YA can sometimes be maudlin, but MG often strikes just the right chord. I think the Track series is amazing! One of the best MG series I've read in years. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I'm anxiously awaiting the next book in the Maureen Johnson series. I'm hoping for an ARC because January seems so far away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wouldn't an ARC be fantastic? Crossing my fingers for you! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I love that series by Maureen Johnson. I can't wait for the next book. I haven't read much middle grade fiction since I retired. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm loving the series too. I thought it was a duology for some reason, but I'm glad there will be a third book! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I read Lost in the Sun a few years ago and loved it. There's quite a few books on your list that I haven't read yet, so I'm definitely adding them to my To Read list. Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Lost in the Sun, but there a few of Graff's novels that I like more. She's an amazing author though! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. You have many of my favourite titles on your list today, and a few that are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lucked out, and got to read a lot of amazing novels this week. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I agree with what you said to Earl about Sweep. I really enjoyed Counting Thyme, Be Prepared, Lu, and also It Wasn't Me. There are a few more there you have reminded me that I meant to try like Lost in the Sun. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how much I liked It Wasn't Me! It was a great book. I hope you like Lost in the Sun. Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. Some of my favorites up there are Be Prepared, Lu, Sweep and Blackbird Sings. I love fairy tale retellings so I'll be on the lookout for that one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't Blackbird great?? Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts