It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I read last week:


Raise your hand if you're still not used to working and schooling from home! It's been another chaotic week, with technology crashing and incorrect passwords, and scrambling to fill the day with crafts and non-boring home-cooked meals. I've been reading a lot to my preschooler, which means that I haven't had a lot of  alone reading time. That said, I wanted to highlight our favorite picture books from last week. Maple and The Big Bed both made big impressions with my daughter. 

For more grown up reading, There's Something about Sweetie was a very cute follow-up to Dimple and Rishi, and I was both terrified and mesmerized by The Passengers. 



  



Currently reading:




Up next:


Once again, I'm not sure what I'll read next. Do you have any recommendations?


Goodreads Challenge: 107/250
Popsugar Challenge: 26/50
YARC 2020: 10/41
Owned Books Challenge: 25/50
2020 Retellings Reading Challenge: 0/20
Spacetime Reading Challenge: 7/15


What are you reading?


Comments

  1. I'm not sure what I'll be reading next either. I'm rereading (or relistening) comfort books right now. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, comfort books are definitely in the mix for me as well. Thank you for stopping by, Kathy! Stay safe and have a great week.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read Bunmi's The Big Bed. She is one of the funniest "mom authors" on social media! It's been an unusual spring with all of the changes. I'm home with my children all day on a regular week, but without COVID-19 we also have access to the libraries, the bowling alley, the swimming pool, tons of amazing parks, etc. And we're also not watching a virus slowly creep closer and closer to our secluded town, like we are now. So it's been stressful. Also, hubby became sick on Friday afternoon and had to come home from work early. He's had a terrible headache ever since and an off/on low-grade fever, so he quarantined himself in a bedroom all by himself just to be safe. He a college administrator and they said they're fine with him working from home until he feels 100% again. Luckily that works out well for him. The kids don't go in there and he texts me when he needs food, coffee, water refills, etc. So far, so good. But we sure hope whatever he has will pass quickly and not become a surprise trip to the hospital like we're hearing about from many others. I sure hope the chaos will subside for you very soon and that we'll all be able to find a new normal together without feeling like we're in such limbo! Have a great reading week, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shaye, that's stressful! I'm glad he can work from home, and hope that he feels better quickly. And yes, the libraries are missed dearly here too. My five year keeps asking me when the library (with her favorite librarian) will be open, and does not like it when I tell her "I don't know." We borrow a lot of picture books through Overdrive now, but she's used to having library books she can hold and flip through, so it's an adjustment period. Stay safe and have a great week as well.

      Delete
    2. Oh I hope everything turns out to be ok Shaye!

      Delete
  3. I need to read the Dimple and Rishi books! I've been trying to pull out more YA so I can read and then hand off to my daughter. Reading for a different purpose these days....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend them. They're sweet without being cloying, and fun to read. And I understand, I'm handing middle grade books to my stepson right and left during these times. Have a safe and great reading week, Michele!

      Delete
  4. I could repeat Michele's comment, still need to read Dimple and Rishi & the 2nd one, too. Sad to say there are many books I've bought and never read. That makes me wish we all lived in the same neighborhood so we could lend! I love the look of The Big Bed and will look up The Passengers, not sure I've seen it before. Thanks, Wendi, best to you trying to manage it all. I know it must be very challenging with a young one at home, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. Yes, a lending library would be terrific! Have a safe and great reading week!

      Delete
  5. I 've got the Ali Wong on my TBR list. Hope it's a good read! And I'm currently listening to Sweetie and absolutely loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed When Dimple Met Rishi, so There's Something About Sweetie is on my list. The problem is all about finding time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts