Cookbook Review! Castle Rock Kitchen: Wicked Good Recipes from the World of Stephen King

 


I don't normally equate good food with Stephen King's novels and short fiction, but this cookbook has convinced me otherwise. With an appropriately desolate, yet earnest vibe, "Castle Rock Kitchen" focuses on the King fiction based in Maine, including Derry and Castle Rock. We get recipes like "Dick Halloran's Baked Beans" and "Life-Sentence Oatmeal." I was expecting this cookbook to be very meat and seafood heavy, but was pleasantly surprised by the vegetarian section. This vegan gets to eat Castle Rock inspired food too, yay!

I'm a big Stephen King fan, and this inspires me to re-read "Elevation" or my absolute favorite, "IT" while eating some of the food from this cookbook. I did test out "Life-Sentence Oatmeal" (based on "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption"), and it was delicious and great for breakfast on busy weekdays. 


I think the toasted coconut is a very nice touch. It is supposed to have blueberries in it as well, but I didn't have any on hand. 

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for an ARC. 





Comments

Popular Posts