It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.


This was another busy week, where I'm was surprised I got any reading done at all! We keep our schedules pretty packed with school activities, and then ALL the fall activities on the weekends. On Saturday, we went to a cute fall festival, and then yesterday we tackled apple and pumpkin picking. 

We were on the farm for about eight hours on Sunday. There are a million things for the kids to do and see, including two corn mazes and little butterfly house. 

A lot of the butterflies were lethargic. We were told it was because it was an overcast day! 


We took our time at the apple orchard, picking the best varieties for both snacking and baking. My four year-old was especially excited about picking her own apples, and declared that they taste better that way!



                                                               What I Read Last Week:

I really enjoyed The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein and Doll Bones


 

 
  
 



Currently Reading:

 

Up Next:


 


Goodreads Challenge 2019: 368/400
YARC 2019: 22/50
Popsugar Challenge: 46/50

What are you reading?


Comments

  1. Lovely assortment of books. I really like Holly Black's book but haven't read Doll Bones yet. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, very Holly Black, even for a middle grade. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I just added Doll Bones to my list (Cheriee mentioned it as well, so I hope to grab a copy). And I read Nightbooks with my ears this last year. Spooky, but just right level of scary for a middle grade October reader. I hope you have a great reading week, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like Doll Bones! It's creepy, but also has a great nostalgic feel about growing up. Thanks for stopping by, Shaye!

      Delete
  3. The butterfly photograph is just lovely! Your daughter is right! The starches in apples start to turn into sugar as soon as they are picked! I too finished Dollbones this week. Holly Black sure can write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that about the apples, so cool! And yes to Holly Black's writing. I need to get started on The Cruel Prince next!

      Delete
  4. I just finished Archimancy by J.A. White. It was a page turner! My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that sounds interesting. I'll have to look it up. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Lots of people reading Doll Bones for the spooky season. I'm glad you guys had fun in the corn maze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the perfect spooky middle grade read! And thanks, corn mazes are a lot of fun. My daughter says she wants a farm when she grows up!

      Delete
  6. Nightbooks has done really well, but I am curious to see what you think of Pauly Fink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such an interesting book - about expectations, about changes, and growing up. I liked it a lot, but I think I like her Jellyfish book more.

      Delete
  7. I loved P.S I Still Love You. Such a sweet YA. Also have never heard of The Dark Descent. Ill have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark Descent was surprisingly good, and an interesting take on the Frankenstein story. I'm listening to P.S. I Still Love You as an audiobook, and you're right, it's very sweet!

      Delete
  8. Nightbooks is so popular with our readers right now--I look forward to hearing what you think!
    I loved Awkward; now I just need to read the other books in the series!

    Happy reading this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kellee! I just started it, so far so good!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts