Top Ten Favorite YA/MG Classics


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is the top ten books classics. I've decided to narrow it down to the top ten YA/MG classics. :)

10) 

The controversial classic that I'm sure every teenage girl/preteen has read.


9) 

I cried every time I read this book. 


8) 

I read this book in high school, and it haunted me for years. 


7) 

Another childhood favorite. :)


6) 

I liked all the books in this Arthurian fantasy series, but this one was the best.


5) 

The beloved classic. Which sister was your favorite? Jo was always mine.


4) 

An intensely lovely/strange/lyrical novel. 


3) 

A gripping story about one girl's struggle to keep her family together. 


2)

I think this might have been the first science fiction book I ever read, and it changed my life forever. 

1) 

So freaking good. It's a fantasy, a philosophical rumination, a heart-breaking love story. Just read it, if you haven't already. 


Comments

  1. I really want to check out a lot of the books on your list. I really need to read I Capture The Castle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to read a lot of from these books, I'm most looking forward to Little Women but unfortunately I forgot it from my list... with many other great classics. Anyway here it is:
    http://www.reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/06/top-ten-classics-i-want-to-read.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, Wendi, and I've read all of them BUT #1!!! I'll have to read it one day.
    I received my package, and I'm so excited to read the books you selected for me. You nailed it! I'm very intrigued with Pretty Monsters.

    Here is the link to my post:

    http://ricki-treleaven.blogspot.com/2014/07/books-n-bloggers-swap-reveal.html

    Thank-you, Wendi!

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually haven't read that Judy Blume title, which is so sad and I should probably get on it. I've only read The Golden Compass and A Wrinkle in Time (which sadly I didn't understand anything at all. All I remember is "mitochondria". What did that have to do with anything?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the mitochondria! I first read A Wrinkle in Time when I was ten, and I have to admit that went right over my head. I forgot all about it, lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts