It's Monday! What are you reading?

 



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

What I read last week:

The weather was mild this week, so we spent a lot of time outdoors. We typically have a nice area in our backyard with a fire table, outdoor furniture, and a gazebo.  Unfortunately, the gazebo was destroyed a few months ago by an unexpected accumulation of snow. My husband and I are debating whether or not to replace it, or to try something hardier for the winters ahead. We're also planning our vegetable garden for this year. My six year-old daughter  requested a small patch of garden to grow her own flowers. Can anyone recommend hardy, beginner-friendly flowers that do well in the Northeast? 


  

 
 



Currently reading:


Up next:

I'm so excited that my Overdrive copy of Anxious People came in! I've enjoyed Fredrik Backman's other novels, and can't wait to read this one! 




Goodreads Challenge: 61/120
Ultimate Popsugar Challenge: 12/50
#Mustreadin2021  Challenge: 3/19

What are you reading?



Comments

  1. Hi Wendi, sorry about the gazebo. We just had a huge storm in Denver & I imagine some here might have some damage like that, too. I can't speak about the northeast really, but I do know that marigolds are hardy here. There are also cosmos (they grow tall, though), sweet peas, bachelor's buttons. . . Ask your local garden center! Thanks for sharing the books. I hope you enjoyed Bloom! I have King and The Dragonflies on my list & added The Burning Girls - sounds good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set of books! King and the Dragonflies sounds intriguing, as does When Life Gives You Mangos. I'm glad you got to get outside, though I'm sorry that your gazebo was destroyed. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I have Anxious People on my #MustReadin2021 list. I hope it's really good! I'm about to read book #3 of the Overthrow series (later this month, from Netgalley) and I'm both excited and sad. I can't wait to see what happens, but I also don't want it to be over. :( I really enjoy Oppel's writing!! And how about that twist in When Life Gives You Mangos? Whoa. Really caught me off guard, but I loved it all the same. I really hope you're enjoying King and the Dragon Flies. I sure did. Have a fantastic reading week, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are planning our garden too. I am particularly fond of flowering bulbs. They just arrive without much work. This is especially true for the spring ones. Your daughter will have to contemplate whether she wants annuals or perennials. I agree with Linda that you should visit your garden center.
    Losing your gazebo is a drag. We don't get enough snow here to worry too much about our roof.
    You have so many glorious books in your sharing today. Bloom is just brilliant.
    I had to go out and purchase Anxious People because it is our next book club book and I wasn't going to get a copy from the library in time.
    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought Anxious People was very good.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts